[Dixielandjazz] N.O. J & H

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 14 05:49:24 PDT 2005

on 4/14/05 2:35 AM, Luis Daniel Flores at luda at arnet.com.ar wrote:

> I am sorry to say that this festival is 80 % or more NOT OKOM.
> IN the french quarter festival is about 50 or 60 % OKOM
> Luis

Yes, but percentage comparisons are very deceiving.  Even at 10% OKOM, there
is more OKOM there than at just about any OKOM Festival in the USA except
Sacramento. There are at least 35 OKOM bands there, plus 5 Brass Parade
Bands performing.  And it is mostly New Orleans Jazz, or variations thereof.
In that respect, perhaps more like the "Original Roots of Jazz" than any
OKOM Festival in the world.

Indeed, if only 10% of the attendees went to see that OKOM, that would be
60,000 out of the 600,000 that are there, making it one of the largest OKOM
attendance's of any US OKOM Festival.

Cheers,
Steve