[Dixielandjazz] RE: Stop The Press! Another candidate emerges!

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 13 09:35:41 PDT 2005

>>>If I could be Pope I'd probably change mine to something really grand. I
wonder if there are any rules guiding new popes on the selection of their
papal identifications.<<<

Nope.  Purely a monastic tradition, totally up the individual.  Like how when Montini took John XXIII, thereby giving the historical bum's rush to the first, albeit "anti-", John XXIII...,

--
Etc,

Fr M J "Mike" Logsdon
Special Assistant to the Presiding Archbishop
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
www.naorc.org