[Dixielandjazz] Totally off topic - for W. C. Fields fans

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Tue Apr 12 14:17:14 PDT 2005

Bill Gunter wrote:

> This one was too good to be true so I Googled up Godfried Daneels and,
> sure enough, there is a Cardinal by that name.
>
> I bet W.C. Fields is up there somewhere probably having a drink in
> honor of the cardinal right now!
>
> Respectfully submitted,
>
> Bill "sorry about the off topic" Gunter
> jazzboard at hotmail.com
>
>> From: Charles Suhor <csuhor at zebra.net>
>> To: David Richoux <tubaman at batnet.com>
>> CC: DJML Jazz <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Totally off topic - for W. C. Fields fans
>> Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:17:06 -0500
>>

>> On Apr 12, 2005, at 2:48 PM, David Richoux wrote:
>>
>>> I notice in the newspaper that a leading candidate for pope is a
>>> Cardinal Godfried Danneels...
>>>
>>> Dave Richoux
>>>

> Still off topic:

Fields was a man of great wisdm. His philosophy was --

"Every  man must have somethign to be believe in.
I believe I'll have another drink!"

Such wisdom. He was a polite man as well.

"T'was a woman who drove me to drink. And to think I never wrote to
thanks her!"

Don (That was a man for all ages -- though he liked them younger as a
general rule) Ingle