[Dixielandjazz] Sac a Pulses dixieland-band in Oklahoma

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Tue Apr 12 13:17:49 PDT 2005

> Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:11:07 -0500
> From: Dan Augustine <ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu>
>
> DJML and others--
>   This morning i stumbled across the following news-relsease
> at http://www.jazzadvocate.com/News%20Release/ by TubaBrother
> Gary Kiser of the Sac à Pulses dixieland-band in France:

Wow, Dan, I was wondering where that e-mail went.  I never did hear back
from them.  Oh well.

Yes, Sac à Pulses will be playing the Norman (OK) Summer Breeze Concert
Series on July 30.  Norman is a sister city to Clermont-Ferrand.  My
understanding is that the concert is a free event in one of the city's
parks.  The audience picnics on blankets and folding lawn chairs.  We
are looking forward to it.

I am awaiting the word from our city hall for the funding to send a
sixth musician so the Le Mojo Brass Band can play for the school of
music at OU on July 30.  The MBB is an acoustic funk group made of three
Sac à Pulses musicians plus a tenor sax.  Our VERY out of date web site
is at http;//www.mojobrassband.com/.  There are some RealAudio clips to
tunes from our 2 demo CDs.  Many on this list may not find all of the
material OKOM.

>   As luck would have it, i had just been
> listening to his fine jazz tuba solos on the CD
> by Sac à Pulses called "C'est Pas Ma Faute!" and
> was browsing the web for information on him and
> his band.  Even though i don't know French, I
> really like their playing, which is energetic and
> expert.

Such kind words.  Where do I send the check?? :-)

>   I'm considering driving up to Norman in July
> to hear them, but maybe they'll be offered some
> gigs closer to Austin, so more folks can hear how
> good they are (hint hint).

Dan if you come all the way up from Austin, I'll pay the first round.
Better yet, come early enough and we can have dinner together.  Should
we dare to announce a F2F??

For those out west, Sac à Pulses will be in Sacramento May 20-30 and
then the Orange County Jazz Thing Aug 4-7.

All the best to all.  A bientôt, Gary