[Dixielandjazz] NEW ORLEANS JAZZ & HERITAGE FESTIVAL PUBLICITY

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sun Apr 10 17:56:01 PDT 2005

The "VIP" thing is a recent development - use to be that EVERYBODY
stood in the crowd (or mud) - I have rubbed elbows in the audience with
Ed Bradley (CBS News and a serious amateur musician) and blues great
Marcia Ball - nobody was really special, just a lot of folks enjoying
the great music! I guess there were some "back stage passes" for
"special people" but the show was really for the crowd.

  The ticket prices you quote are higher than I remember, but maybe just
keeping up with inflation? I have not been there for a few years now,
but General Admission used to be pegged at a price for  the average New
Orleans citizen (pretty darned poor,)  not the "out -of - towners" who
would have paid much more anyway...

Dave Richoux