[Dixielandjazz] Rebirth Brass Band

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sat Apr 9 16:47:45 PDT 2005

Listmates,

I am at the Pensacola Jazz Fest with The Boondockers.  Just heard the
Rebirth Brass Band from New Orleans.  All I can say is WOW!  I have never
heard anything like it before.

It is a New Orleans Street Band but playing really hot tunes to a rock beat.
The tpt & tuba players must have iron chops.  The band had the crowd on
their feet, dancing, waving handkerchiefs & umbrellas.

It is kinda sorta like Rock music, so, a few tunes are about as much as I
can take.  But of course, it is all done with traditional brass band
instruments, not amplified, guitars with distortion  boxes so it is more
enjoyable for me.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
Pensacola, FL USA
With our listmates Norm Vickers & Sandi Gumpert.

"There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for
themselves."
--William Penn Adair (Will) Rogers B: 11/4/1879 D: 8/15/1935