[Dixielandjazz] Vote for OKOM in the U.K.

Phil O'Rourke philor at webone.com.au
Fri Apr 8 16:36:06 PDT 2005

Vote early, vote often.

Phil O'Rourke
Australia

> Here's a chance to vote for OKOM in the U.K.  Lake Records has long been
issuing (and reissuing) British and other traditional jazz recordings, and
the proprietor, Paul Adams, has made the following announcement:

> "An interesting piece of news: Lake Records has been nominated in the BBC
Jazz Awards for the Record Supervision Collection. Much as we would like to
receive an award this is also a chance for us to get some sort of notice
taken of the style of Jazz we recognise! (usually I find reading the
nomination a bit like the news in Welsh - I don't recognise anything). It is
an internet or telephone vote so we need to mobilise as many people as
possible to vote for a category of traditional/classic/mainstream jazz
otherwise the BBC will say there's no interest in it! Tell your friends,
enemies, readers, audiences, grannies, etc."