[Dixielandjazz] Jazz festival promotion - something new from Jazzfest New Orleans

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Fri Apr 8 14:01:18 PDT 2005

Hi all,

As a preamble - I have gone to about 20 years of Jazzfest (but not in
the last few years due to local gig conflicts.) I have liked it a lot
because it is much more than an OKOM Fest and the food is great! I will
be going again as soon as I can, but not this year.

Anyway, in the last few issues of the San Francisco Bay Guardian and SF
Weekly (free regional weekly "alternative"  newspapers covering
politics, arts and entertainment) there have been large ads for the
2005 Jazzfest. The ads cover the music, food, activities and cultures
of the New Orleans & Louisiana festival. I don't know if the same ad is
being done in other regional areas - the Bay Area has always had a
major presence at jazzfest  but there has never been such an
advertisement here before that I can recall.

Is the festival still suffering the post 9/11 blues? Is attendance from
people outside the NO region slipping?

Has the Sacramento Festival ever advertised in these newspapers?

I don't know...

Dave Richoux