[Dixielandjazz] Re: Hawk & Lester (was Multiple choruses)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Apr 6 17:32:12 PDT 2005

Dear Jack,
Regarding Mike's comment: >Prez and Hawk played together in Prez's family
band (Run by his father) when they were kids, so I doubt seriously that one
was suprised by the others playing.
And your reply: >I have read a great deal about the Young family band, and
have asked Lee Young questions about it several times, but not once have I
ever seen or heard that Coleman Hawkins played in it.<

Thanks for that reply.
I had the same doubts and was just checking my files when your email
arrived.
I was about to ask Mike to provide his source.
Kind regards,
Bill.