[Dixielandjazz] Lapsed Lurker

Richard Stevens thejazzfactory at ozemail.com.au
Mon Apr 4 14:48:48 PDT 2005

Hi All,
Just a little news about what's going on in our part of the world. The band
is pretty busy at the moment (April, 20 gigs). One of these days I will get
around to writing an article about getting regular, reliable gigs for Trad.
Jazz bands to share my experience. This month Peter Strohkorb takes a flying
trip to Sydney to do a couple of gigs with his old band there "Hot Gossip".
John Murray will go to Melbourne to play with a few pals from the New
Melbourne and Storyville bands he used to belong to. In the last few months
we participated in a terrific festival at the Gold Coast (just south of
Brisbane) which I did a bit of the programming for and played with some
hotshot player including Jon Erik Kellso and Simon Stribling Wow! You can
read more about that at this link www.noosajazzclub.com

We are trying to get together material for our next CD and one song eluding
us is "Blue Bells Goodbye" I have an idea it was recorded by Bunk Johnson.
If someone has a lead sheet dots and chords out there, could we have a file?

regards,
Richard Stevens
www.thejazzfactory.net