[Dixielandjazz] RE: Feeling & Notes & Soul

Bob Loomis miltloomis at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 07:26:41 PDT 2005

   If we're talking other than the originally
listed intruments, I'll throw in Larry Adler on
chromatic harmonica. In fact, Stevie Wonder is no
slouch in that department on the same instrument.
But to me the most melodic cat of all, whatever
styles, were Eric Dolphy (woodwinds) and Stephane
Grapelli (violin). Ahmad Jamal (piano) is not bad
either. I'm not familiar enough with current jazz
artists to offer any nominations there ...

Happy Webtrails, Bob Loomis