[Dixielandjazz] Concert Tonight On The Internet

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sun Apr 3 16:38:47 PDT 2005

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing says:

 > the result of well meaning teachers who think they can teach jazz.  You
end
> up with lots of notes like water running through your fingers - not much
> sticks.
> But then I'm old school
> Larry

Bob Ringwald replies:

Of course this can happen.  However, it does not at all apply to any of the
musicians who were featured at the Saturday night Summet Jazz concert in
Denver;

RANDY SANDKE, trumpet
RICKEY WOODARD, tenor sax
TERRY BLAINE, vocals
MARK SHANE, piano
FRANK TATE, bass
JOE COHN, guitar
JACKIE WILLIAMS, drums

It doesn't get much better than that.  No one was playing "lots of notes
like water running through your fingers."

--Bob Ringwald
Placerville, CA USA