[Dixielandjazz] Re: Misrepresentation?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 3 15:30:33 PDT 2005

Regarding: >I still think Worlds records should make it clear that their
"Soundies" are transcriptions, and NOT Soundies..........
And my original question has not been answered:  Why hasn't someone reissued
the original Soundies on DVD?

Dear Bert,
Worlds Records do refer to them being radio 'transcriptions'.
EXCEPT for, as I mentioned earlier to you, the one you bought. The Big
Bands! I can understand your disappointment.
I have never been an avid collector of videos/DVDs (not enough time to sit
down and watch 'em) so can't advise regarding the availability of film
'Soundies'.
I was, however, hoping that someone more knowledgeable would answer your
query, as I too would like to know the answer.
Kind regards,
Bill.