[Dixielandjazz] Band Uniforms

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Thu Sep 30 12:20:57 PDT 2004

Some years ago I was playing an out of town gig at a civic center.  The band was on the stage.  The gig was over and had been over for awhile.  The leader who enjoyed a laugh walked out on stage without anything on except his tux coat and shorts and said I just can't understand why no one ever asks us back.

There were still about thirty or so hangers on at the party.

Guess what?  We never played there again.

Although I didn't see this one myself it's still funny.  Roy Rogers was appearing at the Arena.  While he was waiting along side of the band  the bass player reached over and massaged the genital area of Trigger with his bow.    The audience howled with Laughter a few seconds after the grand entry.  (They didn't call them wonder horses for nothin'.)