[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Jubilee

Zenith Sydney zenith at ans.com.au
Wed Sep 29 16:35:27 PDT 2004

Dear All,

I tend to agree with CASH Tom rather than Bob R.  The Edinburgh JF was originally based on Bill Borchers Jubilee mould but now includes Blues.  Norway's Haugesund Tradjazz festival paid heeps for Diana Krall  in 2003 and Edinburgh allowed $50,000 for BB King a couple of years back had Van Morrison and many more well known names mostly making good money from "full house" concerts.  I am not familiar with the Sacto recipe details but as Tom suggested, you could have a concert in a venue near the festival site.

Why not pay up to $30,000/$50,000 for a big(ger) name(s) and perhaps get the Sacramento Council to underwrite the concert (maybe in one of their own halls?) against loss by sharing any profits to eliminate any gamble you feel is being taken?  Hell, the council could even provide freedom of the city or medals for festival committee members should they actually make some underwriting money!?

Tom (variety is the spice of life) Wood
www.sydneyzenith.com