[Dixielandjazz] Walk On The Wild Side

Peter L. Reid reid1947 at impulse.net.au
Tue Sep 28 19:00:52 PDT 2004

I have just purchased on DVD the above film, which I haven't seen since it
was released in 1962.
Partway through the film a Jazz Band plays a "jazzed up" version of the
soundtrack.
My book on jazz in the movies doesn't mention the film, and I cannot find
any info through the internet, so I am seeking help.
Who was the band? Who were the musos? As it is set in New Orleans perhaps a
local band?

Peter L.

"Darby M'Graw," it wailed -- for that is the word that best
describes the sound -- "Darby M'Graw! Darby M'Graw!"
again and again and again; and then rising a little higher,
and with an oath that I leave out: "Fetch aft the rum, Darby!"

Treasure Island - 1883