[Dixielandjazz] Dean Mora's Swing group - web site

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Tue Sep 28 13:12:50 PDT 2004

At 02:56 PM 9/28/2004 -0700, Craig I. Johnson wrote:
>Assuming that at least some of you go outside of dixie (with all it's other
>names, trad etc.)
>in what you include as yourKOM to include Swing, this is a very interesting
>site. Not only is
>a great sounding swing band, but the CDs (and clips) include some
>interesting known and
>little known tunes.. Lot of music to listen to on this site.
>
>'Spose you left coasties know this group already, but it's new to me.
>http://morasmodern.com/default.html

Mora's Modern Rhythmists is a great 10-piece recreationist band. At least 4
CDs--the last one featured Fud Livingston arrangements. There's also a
small unit with a new CD, but I haven't heard it.

Mike Henebry's Crazy Rhythm Hot Society Orch. is excellant. Their CD
"Fade-in" is a fabulous recreationist CD that features transcriptions of
hot jazz orch. records.

These 2 bands show beyond doubt that recreationism can be a viable approach.

--Sheik