[Dixielandjazz] Weather Bird

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 27 12:57:53 PDT 2004

"Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon" <mjl at ix.netcom.com> answered:

> The weather vane on a house or barn is also known as a "weatherbird."
> Am I right, folk?,

Mike & Fred:

Perhaps derived from "Weathercock"? which my Dictionary defines as:

1) A weathervane in the shape of a rooster OR

2) A fickle, or changeable person or thing.

Weatherbird sounds more genteel that Weathercock. :-) VBG

Cheers,
Steve Barbone