[Dixielandjazz] Jim Beebe CD

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sat Sep 25 22:42:24 PDT 2004

Dave & Listmates,

I just heard the Jim Beebe CD and enjoyed it very much.  I believe that Jim
sent it to me some time ago but I never got around to listening to it.  If I
find my other copy, I'll re-gift this one.

Thanks Dave.  I could have listened to 2 more hours of the show.  Please
send me your address & I'll send you something in return.

I first met Jim Beebe in about 1984 or 5.  I was with my daughter while she
was filming "16 Candles" in the Chicago area.  We became fast friends.

In 1988 & 1989, we, Jim & I, put together a Bob Scobey reunion Band and
performed @ the Big Horn Jazz Festival in Chicago & the Los Angeles Classic
Jazz Festival in LA.  We had all musicians who had worked with Scobey,
except for myself on banjo & Bob Schulz on trumpet.  It was a swinggin'
band.  I wish we had recorded.

Jim Beebe, R I P

--Bob Ringwald