[Dixielandjazz] One person and art

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Tue Sep 21 13:37:37 PDT 2004

From: Anton Crouch <anton.crouch at optusnet.com.au>

Hello Dan

No, sorry; can't agree.

You have a point about music performance but the other examples make my
point - if "Casablanca" and the Mozart Requiem (even with trombones) are
not art, then I don't know what is.

All the best
Anton

PS: We can't go on with this high-brow stuff on-list. We'd better continue
off-list and leave more time for discussion of alleged musical parody and
the virtues of WWW as OKOM.

Greetings, Anton,

How high brow do you want to go?
(Or "how far down the rabbit hole of mysteriousness do you want to go?")
According to Quantum Physics, we are all "one,"
which would support Dan's viewpoint (from a far-out perspective).

;-)
VBG