[Dixielandjazz] Lincoln Center Jazz Programs from Morton to Monk

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 21 06:34:41 PDT 2004

If you don't dig Monk, listen to the Jelly Roll Morton Program instead. Here
is some of what Lincoln Center, Wynton Marsalis, Ed Bradley and others are
doing to expand the audience for Jazz. If interested, check out the web
sites listed in the e-mail below. ESPECIALLY the JRM program site listed
below in case you don't read the mail below.

It features some black OKOM musicians playing JRM. (and we thought there
were none) You may be quite surprised at how good they are. :-) VBG.

Marcus Roberts (pn), Wycliff Gordon(tb) Dr. Michael White (cl) Nicholas
Payton and Wynton Marsalis (tp). et al.

<http://www.jalc.org/radio/program.asp?programNumber=76>

Cheers,
Steve Barbone