[Dixielandjazz] Hurricane Ivan

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Sat Sep 18 18:30:37 PDT 2004

I have not heard from Norm since the storm, but I will probably see him Oct
2 when I play in Pensacola wit Don Gumpert's band.  Norm is usually at any
significant musical event there.  I did talk to Don Gumpert's wife Sandy,
who lives in Fort Walton Beach, about 40 miles east of Pensacola.  They had
only superficial damage, which her son took care of in a couple of hours.
They were still waiting for power to be restored.
      Here in New Orleans, I returned to my condo and found no
damage....only my tv/computer cable was out for about half a day.  I
considered myself very lucky.  It was a very strong storm, and we barely got
the edge of it on the west side.
      Pat Cooke
       New Orleans