[Dixielandjazz] Re: Lasssus Trombone

Black Swan CJB kit at bscjb.com
Fri Sep 17 13:09:36 PDT 2004

I believe that the "racist" stigma to Lassus Trombone comes not from the
title or nonexistent lyrics, but rather from the subtitles to the
various of the family of trombone marches Fillmore wrote. There are a
number of other marches that don't get played as frequently (Mose
Trombone, Parson Trombone, Sally Trombone ??, etc.), and each has
subtitles that would be considered politically incorrect today.

Kit W. Johnson
Black Swan Classic Jazz Band
kit at bscjb.com
www.bscjb.com