[Dixielandjazz] Young Jazz Bands

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 16 08:35:28 PDT 2004

List mates:

For a look at how a young 17 year old OKOM player promotes, and plays to the
jazz-oblivious audience out there, see the below e mail promo. He sends it
out to fans, friends and prospective clients. The original is multi color,
varied type sizes/styles and very appealing.

Perhaps the young could teach us oldsters a thing or two about promoting and
presenting the music.

Hey Brett, why not contact 9 year old violinist Jonathan Russell and let him
sit in a number or two with you? (google search, Jonathan Russell, for his
web site & e mail address) He lives in the Riverdale section of the Bronx,
not too far away and would love to play with guys closer to his own age as
well as playing with oldsters like Ed Polcer and me.

Both Ed and I love to gig with him and the audience loves him also.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

BRETT BOYD and
The New Celebration Jazz Band
will return on
Wednesday, September 29, 2004
7:30 p.m.

AT  COLUCCI'S RISTORANTE
279 Haledon Avenue, Haledon, NJ
www.coluccisristorante.com

Featuring multi-talented 17-year old Brett Boyd on trumpet and vocals!  He
writes the songs, sings, plays, leads the band and makes it back to school
the next day!

Along with Paul Scott, tuba; Marge Baumann, banjo-guitar; Peter Ballance,
trombone; and Jeff McGowan, piano.

We'll be introducing our new original "It's Better With Music"

Colucci's offers great food and a warm atmosphere. You'll feel right at
home!

A LITTLE NEW ORLEANS, A LITTLE BROADWAY,
AND A LOT OF FUN!

Please call  973-956-9030 for reservations!

www.geocities.com/newcelebrationjazzband

Please let us know if you wish to be removed from this list by emailing us
at ncjazzband @aol.com