[Dixielandjazz] The 100 most important American Songs of the20thCentury

Bill Biffle bbiffle at brgcc.com
Mon Sep 13 19:05:06 PDT 2004

I think the point of Cage was to make us examine what we thought music was.
If we decided that it was what we thought it was before we heard/saw him,
then OK.  If we thought we broadened the definition of music, then OK, too.

Lots of good thought has been provoked by iconoclasts like Cage through the
years.

Bill Biffle
Duke City Jazz Band
Albuquerque, New Mexico USA