[Dixielandjazz] leaders and bass amps

Vachesr at aol.com Vachesr at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 07:32:54 PDT 2004

Hello, Pat--As my wonderful grandmother used to say, "'Every man to his own
taste,' as the old gentleman said when he kissed the cow."
   I have enjoyed  working with good drummers.  Playing  with Cliff Leeman,
for instance, was like flying.  But to further delineate my comment on
lead-footed drummers, I believe  they were the
primary reason bass players wanted amps.  In the
process, unfortunately, they  had  to sacrifice
the great  sound of  the acoustic bass.  Regards,

Warren Sr.