[Dixielandjazz] Bass Amps

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Sat Sep 11 22:14:24 PDT 2004

Larry....

    I have never played an instrument at 10, 000 feet, and there are no
reeds on my bass.  I also tune up frequently using an electronic tuner which
I first match to the piano, if there is a piano.  It's the same if I'm
playing alone or with a group.  There is another problem, though.  Like most
other basses, mine has the little metal adjusters in the legs of the bridge.
These things cut down the sound of the bass by almost half, exacerbating the
problem.  I keep trying to find time to have someone cut a new bridge for me
without those little adjusters in it;  but that still won't give me the
definition on the low strings that the amp does.
    Pat Cooke