[Dixielandjazz] Australia's Graeme Bell

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Thu Sep 9 14:47:45 PDT 2004

Phil said
>Australia's Graeme Bell recently turned 90. He is doing five concerts this
week, about 800 miles from end to the other.
>I think there are still some committed people.
And George Webb is still doing it in the UK at the age of 86 - long may they
continue

John Petters

Several years ago I was playing a Shriners convention.  All the musicians were having a jam session and the soloists lined up (about 25 guys) and took their dozen or so bars.  There was a little old guy that had to be helped up on the stage.  His tenor looked really large compared to his size.  He proceeded to blow everyone away.  He was in his late 80's and was from Witicha KS I believe.  I never found out who he was but there's hope for us all maybe.

Larry