[Dixielandjazz] Ride cymbals

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Wed Sep 8 07:35:08 PDT 2004

Larry said....

>A real player does not need to drive you nuts with a ride cymbal.

 A drummer who plays the same gizmo all the time will drive one nuts.
That's why they have so many different things to beat on.  It is just as bad
to be pounded with perpetual press rolls as jangled incessantly with the
same cymbal.  I, for one, like cymbals....especially the hi-hat and the
ride....mainly because they swing the most.
     Pat Cooke