[Dixielandjazz] ORANGE COUNTY DIXIELAND FESTIVAL

barbonestreet at earthlink.net barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 3 14:33:05 PDT 2004

LISTMATES:

Just heard that the Orange County (Los Angeles area, USA) Dixieland Festival has been cancelled for 2005 and possibily forever. Reasons given were an 8% decline in attendance 2004 vs. 2003, declining hotel rooms booked, and a 25% decline in advance reservations for the hotel in 2005.

Sad news indeed. I always thought they had some pretty good bands. Does anyone have any further information? Man, if an LA festival can't draw from a population base of about 15,000,000 within 100 miles, look out.

When will we learn to play where the KIDS are?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone