FW: [Dixielandjazz] Why Americans Don't Like Jazz

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri Sep 3 14:13:44 PDT 2004

In a message dated 9/3/04 7:20:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time, kash at ran.es
writes:

> Most people enjoy music using several senses at a time.  It is quite normal
> for the common person's mind to wander when they only receive music aurally,
> which is one of the reasons "listening to music" is often merely having a
> noise in the background.
>
> Jim

No doubt this is where we came about the saying of "I am going to See Madonna
in Concert"  or the Rolling Stones or Tony Bennett or whoever.

Interesting analysis Jim, thanks.

 Reflecting back upon my own primary line of work over the years Booking
Bands and Putting on Concerts I now realize that I visualize where and act would
be best suited to perform and to what audience which helps me market them.

As a band leader musician I think we also must be able to visualize
transporting our audience to the musical space we are trying to create, hence as you
say we must look interesting enough to get them to stop and listen, to complete
the whole musical experience.

We do have some deep thinkers and great minds on this list.

Cheers,

 Tom Wiggins