[Dixielandjazz] Re: Eddie Condon

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Sep 2 16:26:58 PDT 2004

Dear Guus,
Your question was not as easy to answer as I would have thought.
I have located 9 Condon titles on Design DLP 47 and can provide dates. All
are from various 1944 Eddie Condon 'Town Hall' concerts, and are currently
available on Jazzology CDs. However the Design LP would appear to be
unrelated to any Columbia material.
What is the album title for Design Records DLP 47?

Philips B 07023L is a reissue of the Columbia CL547 'Jam Session Coast To
Coast' LP featuring Eddie Condon's All Stars (24 Nov 1953) and the Rampart
Street Paraders (23 Oct 1953). One band per side.

More details are required to locate Jazzology JCE-61, as I do not have a
complete LP catalogue of this label to hand.
To save my searching time can you provide more information please.
Is the LP issued under Eddie Condon's name?
What is the LP album title?
Perhaps you could list some (not all) of the tune titles on the LP. Pick the
more unusual tune names to make it easier to track them down.
Very kind regards,
Bill.