[Dixielandjazz] Jim Cullum Jazz Band New Orleans Steamboatin'Adventure 2005

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Thu Oct 28 18:37:31 PDT 2004

Very cool trip.  I've done a couple Queen tours and met some really good
house musicians.  I didn't like sleeping almost in the engine room though.

I learned a couple of new terms on my tours.
Bag Drags - The paid escort dancers for the many ladies on board.  Kind of
like the Jack Lemmon movie.
Q tips - Term for the passengers - white on top and bottom

Check out the theater late at night - That's where the crew parties - They
were doing Rocky Horror Picture Show On Saturday midnight complete with
costumes.

Great food about 10 o'clock on the balcony above the paddle wheel bar.  All
the passengers are long gone by then.

Band guys are welcome to the buffets but eat in the crew mess down somewhere
in the bottom of the boat.  Even that food is OK

Super hot dogs on the stern deck.  I get heartburn just thinking about them.

The gift shop will discount to you if you are in the band.

We only did a two hour gig and then it was vacation time.