[Dixielandjazz] Re: Windows Sound Recorder

Jrtnft at aol.com Jrtnft at aol.com
Tue Oct 26 16:27:16 PDT 2004

you wrote:

<<it works only with a microphone>>

Well, I got it to work through my digital camcorder with the 1394 hookup
using DVGate Motion, which came with my Sony laptop.  And it is cumbersome!

<<Why not just download the free utility Audacity from
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ? It does almost anything one could need>>

There was a folder on my desktop labeled "Audacity". I didn't know what it
was or where it came from and was afraid to open it for fear it might be
virused.

So I already had it and didn't even know it--an embarrassing "senior moment".
 Will try it out and let you know how it works. Double thanks for solving 2
problems for me :-)

Jack Thomas