[Dixielandjazz] Comics, Jazz, Lincoln Center Acoustics in one review.

Jazzjerry at aol.com Jazzjerry at aol.com
Mon Oct 25 02:25:06 PDT 2004

In a message dated 23/10/04 19:44:00, TCASHWIGG at aol.com writes:

<< They should after all keep it REAL lest they actually turn Jazz into
Classical music played to more tuxedos in the audience than on the stage.
:))
SHHUUSSH  No talking in the Library of Jazz.  No fun allowed here go to the
Cajun
joint if you wanna get rowdy after the performance of Opus 187,  this club is
for expensive and  Serious Jazz. >>

Tom,

Hear! Hear! We keep agreeing! To me jazz is predominantly entertainment
rather than the sort of 'Art' which must demand clinical silence and respect. More
harm has been done to jazz by the 'arts followers' than anything else. Not
just OKOM but the modern styles have lost more audience through being turned into
some 'art' which only those in the 'know' can understand. These 'arts' people
tend to look down their long noses at anyone who say "I don't know much about
it but I like it - it's fun" because the 'commoners' do not appreciate the
finer nuances of the music.

Jazz is a true music of the people!

Cheers,

Jerry