[Dixielandjazz] ARCHITECTURE & JAZZ AT LINCOLN CENTER

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 10:30:27 PDT 2004

In a message dated 10/22/04 6:30:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE? ;-) VBG
>
> Danceable jazz that swings is, in a nutshell, the key. Those jazz bands
> and/or venues that provide it can't help but prosper.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve Barbone

There are always GOOD Gigs for GOOD Musicians and Bands, there simply is no
Substitute for Quality.   They are harder and harder to find and get because of
the glut of gargage bands working for next to nothing and constantly lowering
the standards of music to the mind set of the garage band promoters who only
want cheap music so they can charge cheap prices to the cheapest so called
music lovers in the world.

If we allow them to keep going in that direction soon we shall have the
wonderful benefits of Socialized Music, now won't that be "Fine and Dandy"  we will
all be equal and paid a gallon of gas and a beer and a hot dog for our
performances.

I ain't doin' it for the ART, I can't afford to, I do it for a living and to
pay my artistic Doctors, Lawyers, Dentists, Teachers, Professors, Senators,
Congressmen, Presidents, Soldiers, Air Line Pilots etc.  not to mention my
sidemen and CD pressing plant.

I am always happy to do it for ART's Sake  if some wealthy Patron wants to
Commission my show to play at their Estate for their Daughters Wedding at the
same Honorarium as my International Concert Fee.   I do Charities and
fundraisers for the same Fee.   I have always ran an equal opportunity Orchestra, the
more money you pay me the more equal we become.

Cheers,

Tom ( Leonardo) Wiggins
Off to cut off my ear now.