[Dixielandjazz] Re: N.O. parade in Manhattan

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Oct 19 16:12:57 PDT 2004

Dear Rob,
Many thanks for that photo link to the Lincoln Centre New Orleans Parade in
Manhattan.
Something we would otherwise never have known about.
Lots of great shots and the photographs of the 'Allen Room' certainly show
how spectacular that stage backdrop is.
I see that Mr Marsalis has been taking note of Steve Barbone's frequent
advice about exploiting the use of Mardi Gras beads. But where were the
girls?
Just kidding Steve.
Do we know who the other marching band members were?
They looked good. Sousa, tuba, trombone, soprano. Plus the simple red
umbrellas.
Very kind regards,
Bill.