[Dixielandjazz] The World's Greatest Drummer

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 19 07:20:11 PDT 2004

A letter goes around, addressed to 'The World's Greatest Drummer'.

Gene Krupa gets it, but says: "That's not for me - I'm not the world's
greatest drummer".

Then Louis Bellson gets it - then Joe Morello, Elvin Jones, Stan Levey,
Shelley Manne, Peter Erskine, Gary Hobbs, Max Roach, George Wettling, Baby
Dodds, Jo Jones, Sonny Greer, John Petters, Tom Wiggins,.....and on and on
it goes.  It gets knocked back by all of them for the same reason.

When it gets to Buddy Rich.  He says: "That's for me."

When he opens it up, it begins: "Dear Ringo!!"