[Dixielandjazz] Re: DRUGS AND MUSICIANS - Deja vu?

D and R Hardie darnhard at ozemail.com.au
Sun Oct 17 16:49:00 PDT 2004

Dear Fred,
I agree. 'Leave your mind alone' (James Thurber)
  I believe some beta blocking drugs have been shown to be negatively
indicated because they have actually induced heart attacks. One of our
local popular medical websites produced some evidence of that recently.
Seems  their prescription to musicians for what used to be called
nerves is therefore  not to be recommended. Like Steve my experience of
alcohol laden band members is that they thought they played better but
in fact did not.
regards
Dan Hardie
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/EarlyJazzHistory.html