[Dixielandjazz] Re: Beethoven jazz tune

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 16 11:04:55 PDT 2004

Another, but in the pop veinm I remember from way back, but not who did it was
"Dingbat, the Singing Cat" which was the theme from "Peter and the Wolf:
by Peter Illyich of the Tchaikovky persuasion.
Plus Billy May's "Sorta Dixie" which included Caucasion Steppes and Sheherezade (sp?)
mixed with Oh By Jingo and Sheik of Araby, I believe.
Also, somewhere on the net I found a midi file for a rag referred to as something
like "Furry Lisa Rag." (Just found it. It is among the list of midi tunes on page:
http://www.rtpress.com/titles.htm   )

Craig Johnson.