[Dixielandjazz] Beethoven Jazz

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Fri Oct 15 13:14:15 PDT 2004

There was a tune called a "Fifth of Beethoven"  during the disco era everything was set to a disco beat including many classics.  I wonder if that's why so many people disliked disco? Duh!  Not exactly jazz but there was also a group called the Swingle Singers that did many classics updated using their voices as instruments.  Other than A Claire De Lune Beethoven is pretty heavy and, I don't think, lend very well to jazz.  That of course is a matter of personal taste..