[Dixielandjazz] ONE RESULT OF THE 1938 BENNY GOODMAN CONCERT AT CARNEGIE ...

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 14 18:49:01 PDT 2004

on 10/14/04 8:29 PM, ALSINGERPRESENTS at aol.com at ALSINGERPRESENTS at aol.com
wrote:

   To my knowledge ,while Teddy  Wilson played and recorded w/BG a LOT  ,he
did not play with the big band @ the famous Carniegie "38 gig.Joe Bushkin
was a VERY important part of the excitement in Sing Sing Sing,along with
Krupa,James ,and of course Benny.  al singer    Carefree, Az.

I think you mean Jess Stacy, not Bushkin. Pianists Teddy Wilson, and Count
Basie  were also on that gig in limited combo roles, along with Lionel
Hampton, Bobby Hackett,  Johnny Hodges, Harry Carney, Cootie Williams,
Freddie Green, Walter Page, Lester Young, and Buck Clayton.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone