[Dixielandjazz] Uncaring city councils

Vachesr at aol.com Vachesr at aol.com
Mon Oct 11 07:36:36 PDT 2004

I  complained about  the same  thing  ten  years ago,  and  judging  from
your description,  things  have  gone  from bad  to worse.   It  struck  me
then that  the city  fathers  were  guilty  of  incredible stupidity  in  not
taking  full  advantage  of  New  Orleans'  reputation  as  the birthplace
of jazz, but  now  I  realize  that it's only one  other aspect  of  the
present-
day disregard  for  America's  great  contribution  to  the  music  of  the
world.   The rot  started  with the  Beatles,  and  the  decline  of radio.
Sad, but true.  The general public  will  always  take  the garden path  to
garbage.
Warren  Vache' Sr.