[Dixielandjazz] Big Band Battle in SF October 10th

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sat Oct 9 12:01:50 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Remember the idea I put forth for a night of battling  "retro-swing"
bands at jazz festivals? Looks like somebody had the same idea and
actually ran with it!  This is on a very busy weekend in San Francisco
- parades, other music and art festivals - I don't know how it will
turn out but I think it is a great idea...

Dave Richoux

http://fillmorejazz.com/big_band.html

SFJazz All Stars  11:00-11:30am
Latin Youth Ensemble of San Francisco  11:30-12:00 pm
Marcus Shelby Jazz Orchestra Solo  12:15-12:45pm
Duel with Lavay Smith  1:00-1:30pm
Lavay Smith Solo  1:30-2:00pm
Quimbombo Solo  2:15-2:45pm
Duel with Jesus Diaz QBA  3:00-3:30pm
Jesus Diaz QBA Solo  3:30-4:00pm
Asian American Jazz Orchestra Solo  4:15-4:45pm
Duel with Fillmore Preservation Big Band  5:00-5:30pm
Fillmore Preservation Big Band Solo  5:30-6:00pm

  Hear the West Coast’s best big bands play head-to-head on two stages.
  Enjoy dancing on a huge outdoor dance floor. And see Bay Area BBQ
  teams compete in an exciting and one-of-a-kind barbecue showdown!