FW: [Dixielandjazz] What are you able to charge?

James Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Oct 6 12:18:18 PDT 2004

Ric asked:

>What are you able to charge?.............referring to the Boondocker's gig.

Ric, the obvious answer to this question is that that is a very personal
question.
The UNOBVIOUS answer is.........that is a very difficult question to answer!

So much is involved:

1.  how much can your particular market withstand?
2.  what do you feel you are worth?
3.  what are you willing to risk on not getting the gig?
4.  etc, etc.

You can't begin to compare prices from one marketplace to another.  You
can't begin to compare what a band with a huge history can charge compared
to a startup.  You can't begin to compare each individual's situation.

So, even if someone were to answer your question, it wouldn't help solve
your problem.

By the way, I have no problem with your having asked the question.  I just
have a problem answering it, as that is literally an impossibility, if it is
to make any sense to your particular situation.

There.....you probably got more than you expected!!    :>

Oh, and...Bob, how much ARE the Boondockers getting?  We've got one up on
ya.....we just started our THIRD running year with an every Tues niter at
the same club.  This is a fancy after dinner drinks club:  Ferrarís double
parked outside, parking attendants, expensive hookers.....all the normal
Jazz paraphernalia.

Cheers from Spain,  Jim