[Dixielandjazz] Electric Guitar Pickup

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 1 23:52:19 PDT 2004

Hi DJML'ers

I'm in the process of building a novelty "guitar" by adding a guitar neck
(frets, tuning pegs and all) onto a brief case or some other disparate body
and I need an electric pick-up to stick under the strings somewhere to
amplify the stupid thing.

I mean its a trashy set up for openers. I found a broken guitar in a junk
heap and removed the neck which is in fair shape and I'm trying to decide
what is the dumbest thing among the body possibilities out in the storage
shed to attach to the neck.

Only problem is, I don't wanna spend a lot of bucks for a fancy schmancy
electric pick up to run through my amp -- just something that'll be
serviceable and produce a recognizable sound.

Does anybody out there have such a thing lying around in a junk box or music
kit someplace they would be willing to part with for a few paltry dollars?

If so, please contact me privately at jazzboard at hotmail.com and let me know.

Thank in advance if you have something I might be able to use,

Bill Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com