[Dixielandjazz] What's playing on your CD

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Tue Nov 30 11:11:58 PST 2004

An OKOM story.

The morning that President Kennedy was shot I was in my classroom (I taught band and related classes in public school ) and it was almost like someone kicked me in the stomach.  My class came in and honestly I just couldn't teach so I pulled a record out of the collection at random and put it on.  It was the Dukes of Dixieland.  I had a real problem listening to Dixieland for years after that.  I stayed away from that kind of music for years.  It finally dawned on me why I didn't listen to Dixie anymore.  When I figured out the connection I was able to enjoy it again.

RE: What's playing on your CD

I was playing back the recording of a rehearsal when this came in the first time.