[Dixielandjazz] amplified sound

baglady4 at juno.com baglady4 at juno.com
Wed Nov 24 18:10:10 PST 2004

Saturday night at the Greater CT JazzFest last July, the last set by Independence Hall Jazz Band was in Tent 3....a long walk from the major tents, and in the same time slot as another favorite band.  I was fortunate enough to be among the few who trekked to tent 3.

Since the crowd was small, the band sent the sound man home, and played *acapella* (sp?) AND played our requests.  This was the treat of the Fest....and pity those who were too lazy to walk a little further.

Nancie Beaven
OKOM appreciater in Bloomfield,NJ