[Dixielandjazz] hotter than that

Luis Daniel Flores luda at arnet.com.ar
Tue Nov 23 13:05:04 PST 2004

Ed,
I just finished hearing ´´hotter than that´´ and interestingly Louis played
with his hot five(six?) but with 2 string instrument: banjo and guitar (l.
Johnson). Hotter and Savoy blues are the only two with this line up:
trumpet, clarinet, trombone, piano, banjo and guitar. Difficult for me to
differentiate the guitar from the banjo. Louis recorded only once more with
his ´´all star´´ this tune.
Want to know why you consider this tune  "Hotter than That" to be as close
to perfection as music ever gets. Do you think  more than the solo of ´´west
end blues´´ ?
cheers
Luis