[Dixielandjazz] RE: clarinets and mikes

Tito Martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Mon Nov 22 17:22:08 PST 2004

Jon Stutler comments:
<<<I like Titos's suggestion, but I haven't really found a better mic
for reproducing my sound than a good 'ole Shure SM58.  Nice and warm and
relatively inexpensive when knocked over 1000 times!

Yes Jon, a Volkswagen can bring you anywhere the same as a Rolls Royce.
Tito

<<Tito wrote:
<   I use a Sennheiser MD 421-II because it's not "hard", has
<a good overall sound spectrum, very friendly to clarinet sound, and is
<a cardioid, meaning that you can dance with your clarinet at a
<reasonable(distance of it, center, left or right, over and down, and
<it will still(be picking your sound.  It IS expensive, but sure it
<makes a BIG difference.